I was going to wait till summer time to post this berry cobbler, but with frozen berries most likely still in your freezer or easily found in the freezer section where you shop, I decided it was time for a dessert. It's prepared in no time if you have the biscuit mix on hand. If you don't - mix your favorite recipe and measure off the dry amount before liquids are added.
- 4 cups berries ( a mix of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups large biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk ( a little more if preferred for easy spreading)
- coarse sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Combine frozen or fresh berries with sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice in a medium pot and cook, stirring as needed, until boiling and liquid is clear. This takes about 5 -10 minutes.
- Pour into small Pyrex, stone or glass bake-ware to serve about six.
- Combine biscuit mix, sugar and milk and stir until combined.
- Scoop onto fruit by large spoonfuls. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 400 F for about 25 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Let cool about 15 minutes.
Serve warm as is
or a la mode