You won't be able to have this ready by the time your kids wake up...
but you can have it ready by lunchtime.
I put this little trick together in minutes and in a few hours it was set and ready to make the grands laugh and maybe even they were a little bit fooled.
The best part is that you will make some smiles and they will enjoy the cranberry/strawberry gelatin for dessert.
- 1 small package flavoured gelatin crystals (2 cup liquid size) I used strawberry
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups juice (I used cranberry)
- Empty both the flavoured and unflavoured gelatin in a medium heat safe bowl.
- Pour boiling water over the powders and stir until dissolved.
- Add the juice and divide evenly between 4 -5 glasses.
- Insert straws (cut them to an appropriate length)
- Chill until set.
- Serve to unsuspecting children. =)