- 1 lb baby bok choy (about 20)
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice (1/2 cup raw)
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 yellow sweet pepper, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 single serving (200 ml) tomato vegetable cocktail
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup broth (or 1 tsp better-than-bouillon and 1 cup water)
- 2 Tbsp flour and 1/2 cup water for thickening
- Mix meat stuffing ingredients
- Cook onion and sweet pepper until soft, then add garlic.
- Add tomato cocktail, soy sauce and broth and bring to boil.
- Thicken with flour by shaking flour and 1/2 cup water before adding to sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, open up bok choy babies and fill with prepared meat stuffing. Lay or stand up in small roaster and cover with sauce.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 1/2 hours. Halfway through, gently turn stuffed bok choy so that more of the top gets covered with the sauce.
We had the first go with mashed potatoes and the left overs with a Waldorf salad and a roll. Tasted even better the second round.