I should have been an egg farmer! I dreamed of having laying hens, mind you not really a barn full, only a few running around on a country yard, just enough to supply me with eggs:)
Back to the salad, I love this spiced up egg salad and instead of the usual bread style sandwich it really is good with bread crisps, just right for scooping!
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons canned jalepenos, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- dash or two of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop boiled eggs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. If you find the mixture too dry for your liking add a bit more mayo.
- Refrigerate in a covered container until ready to serve. I like to let the mixture sit in the fridge at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with bread crisps.