This is a quick meal idea that I enjoy - maybe more so because I grew up with it. Think of it as a healthy version of Fish and Chips.
- 1 small to medium head Chinese cabbage
- 1 can drained canned salmon or chunk tuna
- 2 - 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 - 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 4 - 6 peeled and finely chopped potatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter for browning
- salt and pepper
- Brown potatoes in butter, over medium heat, stirring as needed until done. About 20 - 30 minutes. Season to taste.
- Wash and chop Chinese cabbage. Add drained fish (complete with bones if using salmon - it dissolves into the salad and is rich in nutrients.)
- Mix dressing (mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper) and stir into salad.
- Pass the ketchup.