Ricotta Cheese Spread
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 clove roasted garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chives chopped
- 1 or more tablespoons of grated Parmesan
- Mix all of these ingredients and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- When your bread and tomato topping is ready arrange on plate and serve.
- 3-4 roma tomatoes chopped with liquid drained
- 1 clove minced roasted garlic
- chopped fresh basil (amount to taste)
- Small amount of olive oil to just coat ingredients and salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together and serve fresh on toasted or grilled slices of bread spread with olive oil and garlic.
- Spread the toasted bread with the ricotta mixture and top with tomato/basil mix and enjoy.
Spread the toasted bread with the ricotta mixture and top with tomato/basil mix and enjoy. You can also offer an olive tapenade to your serving platter which will go well with the ricotta spread.
Here's the link to Kathy's method of roasting garlic.