We have a pear tree on our property that produced lots of pears this year and this is one of the recipes that I made to use some of the pears up.
This is a simple to make recipe with the preparing of the pears taking the most time in the process.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (may be omitted)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups pears, peeled, cored and chopped (this was about 13 pears)
- 1/3 cup white sugar mixed with 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Mix together first 6 ingredients to make the crumble portion.
- Sprinkle the chopped pears evenly with the mixture of white sugar and cinnamon.
- Press half of the crumble mixture onto the bottom of the pan all the way to the edges.
- Top the crumble with all the prepared pears evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining half of crumble mixture over the pears evenly. You can press down lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cooled with ice cream or whip cream or just as it is.
You can cut this recipe in half and bake it in a 8 or 9 inch square pan.