Charlotte's Chocolate Black Bean or my Coconut Flour Brownies -- served with vanilla ice-cream and Caramel Sauce.
I know these sauces are easily bought but I like to make my own and find the flavour superior to the commercial brands. Isn't home made always better ?
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- Put sugar and water into a small sauce pan and place on medium heat, stirring constantly. The sugar will melt, then crystallize then melt again. When it melts the second time, watch it carefully -- still stirring until it turns a lovely caramel colour. Be careful not to let it get too dark or it will be bitter.
- Add the butter, stirring until it melts.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly, then add the cream stirring until smooth.
- The sauce will thicken as it cools. It can be warmed in microwave before serving if desired.
- Store in fridge.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup white corn syrup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa , stirring until completely smooth.
- Add the sugar, corn syrup and milk
- Return to the element and cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Store in the fridge.
NOTE: These Sauces keep well in the fridge -- mine usually get used before I worry about them but a couple of weeks to a month should be fine!