Several years ago my sister, my cousin and I spent a weekend in beautiful Whistler BC.
We had lunch in a small sandwich place in the Village and enjoyed this soup.
Here is my version of it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup finely sliced cabbage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can tomato soup undiluted
- 1 can water
- 1 can milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- sour cream for garnish (opt.)
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add onion and celery.
- Saute' for a few minutes and then add cabbage and garlic.
- Continue to cook and stir for another 5-8 minutes until cabbage is wilted but still has some crunch left.
- Place vegetables into a pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer until the flavours come together, another 5-10 minutes.