Adding leeks to this gourmet pizza was inspired by a caramelized-leek pizza I saw in Country Living recently. For the crust you can use any ready made purchased shells. You can make your own, using the French Bread recipe or take 1 - 2 cups of a bun dough and pat it into a pizza pan or cookie sheet. Let rise 30 min and bake until just done.
- 2 lightly baked pizza shells
- 1/3 cup Caesar dressing
- 1-2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 12 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, washed, cut lengthwise and sliced
- 10 -12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 3 cups shredded Italian blend cheese (mozzarella, asiago, provolone, Parmesan)
- 1 tsp hot chili flakes
- Lightly spread pizza shells with dressing and cooked chicken pieces.
- In large saute pan, cook bacon until almost crisp. Drain all but about 1 Tbsp of bacon drippings. Add bacon to pizza.
- To pan, add leeks and cook while slicing mushrooms, then add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook until leeks are wilted, but still bright green in color, about 10 minutes.
- Divide between prepared pizza shells, cover with cheese and sprinkle with chili flakes.
- You can freeze one if you only want to bake one. Bake at 375F for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.