A chocolate cake mix, eggnog, a Jersey Milk chocolate bar and a splash of strong coffee.
Moist and delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup grape seed or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup strong hot coffee
- 1 100 gram milk chocolate chocolate bar ( I use Jersey Milk)
- 1 box Swiss Chocolate cake mix
- Beat together first 3 ingredients.
- Break chocolate bar into small pieces, place into hot coffee and stir until completely melted.
- Add to eggnog mixture and beat until combined.
- Sift powdered cake mix into eggnog mixture and beat for another 2 minutes until ingredients are well combined.
- Grease two 9" cake pans or one 9x13" pan and then dust lightly with cocoa powder.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in oven pre heated to 350º for 30-35 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back when lightly pressed on, or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- If using a 9x13" pan you may want to just leave the cake in the pan to cool. Once cooled frost or serve with ice cream.
- If baked in rounds for a layered cake allow to cool for 5 minutes in pans and then invert onto cooling racks.
- Cool and frost with your favourite chocolate buttercream or pudding and whipped cream frosting.