As my boys say, "Everything is better with bacon!"
This cream cheese dip is no exception.
You might want to add it to your New Year's Eve appetizer table.
- 1 8 oz. / 250 g package cream cheese (brick style), at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons / 30 ml mayonnaise (if desired)
- 2 teaspoons / 10 ml prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon / 2 ml celery salt
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml pre-fried bacon, crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy and smooth. (For a softer dip, add the mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.)
- Mix in mustard and celery salt.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix in bacon, tomato and green pepper.
- Pile into a serving dish and serve with crackers or baguette slices.
Roll log in shredded cheddar cheese, wrap and refrigerate until firm. Unwrap and serve.