This is a great way to use up leftover chili or sloppy joe sauce. I have used a square pan, doing only one layer or used a loaf pan, doing two layers. I prefer the single layer. Add a salad and it's a quick and easy dinner.
- 4 slices Texas Style (thick slice) white or whole wheat toast
- 3 cups chili or sloppy joe sauce (approx)
- 1 - 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cups milk
- Toast bread and butter lightly, then line square greased pan with all four slices or greased loaf pan with two slices.
- Top with meat and cheese. Repeat layer if using loaf pan.
- Beat egg and milk and pour over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 F, for 30 - 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4 -5