A cauli 'flower'.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- paprika for garnish
- Remove leaves from cauliflower. Cut away centre core leaving cauliflower in tact. Wash cauliflower head.
- Place clean cauliflower in a shallow pan. Add water to to cover 1/3 of cauliflower. Add the 1/2 tsp salt to water. Cover with lid or foil.
- Bring water to boil and then turn down to medium low to steam cauliflower for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender when you poke a sharp knife deep into the centre.
- Carefully remove steamed cauliflower from water and place on serving dish.
Cheese sauce method:
- In a glass bowl melt butter in microwave.
- Stir in flour until you have a smooth paste.
- Add milk and pepper.
- Stir well then microwave for 1 minute at a time, stirring between to keep sauce smooth.
- Once sauce has bubbled, remove and add grated cheddar cheese. Stir well and cook for one more minute.
- Remove and stir until cheese is completely melted and sauce is smooth.
- Pour over steamed head of cauliflower.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Place other vegetables around cauliflower is desired.
Thank you everyone for entering our contest....and thank you so much for all the encouragement and for the kind words. We truly are grateful for each of you! Blessings!
We picked two... winners of a Celebration Cookbook....coming May 2013
I enjoyed the first cookbook very much and look forward to your new one this Spring! Thank you for showing pictures of the greenhouse. This web site has such wonderful recipes and photos. Please know that all your efforts in what you are doing is an inspiration to many.