This is a very simple dessert that is a great choice when you are serving guests on a sugar or gluten restricted diet. (not that it isn't great any time!)
It was one of the desserts recently brought to a potluck and everyone wanted the recipe - including me!
The cook was happy to give it !
- two packages of Jello (flavored gelatin) - use sugar-free for diabetics. Choose Jello in two contrasting colours. The original recipe calls for lemon and orange - I used lemon and raspberry.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- small tin of orange segments
- whipped cream for garnish
- In two separate bowls mix each jello flavour with 1 cup boiling water.
- Let cool.
- Then add one cup yogurt to each bowl, stirring until well blended.
- Put lemon Jello , or the flavour you want for the bottom layer of your dessert, in a glass serving bowl or in individual serving dishes.
- Put serving dish(es) into the fridge to set ... leaving the other bowl of Jello/yogurt at room temperature. .
- Let the bottom layer almost set .... then spoon the contrast Jello/yogurt on top ...garnish with mandarin orange slices.
- Let completely set in fridge .
- Top with piped whipped cream.