- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (I used white)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp onion, minced (I used a shallot)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable or grapeseed oil
- Blend first five ingredients well, blending in the oil last. Refrigerate and shake before serving.
- 6 - 8 cups of salad greens (such as romaine, red leaf, spinach)
- 1 pear, sliced
- 6 - 8 dried figs, sliced
- bacon bits
- toasted pecans
My ingredients were slightly improvised. For the fruit the original recipe called for an apple pear and craisins. You can also add your favorite cheese. I caramelized the pecans.