Coconut and fresh mango compliment each other in these coffee time treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mango or peach yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup unsweetened fine coconut
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until mixture become crumbly and fine.
- Stir together all liquid ingredients and using a fork, stir into dry ingredients until all dry ingredients are moist. Do not over mix.
- Stir in mango and coconut.
- Drop mounds of batter onto parchment-lined baking pan. (8 large or 10-12 medium sized)
- Bake in 400º oven for 20 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
- While still warm glaze.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
Mix to a thick pourable glaze.
TIP: Place cooling rack with scones over sink when ready to drizzle with glaze. Any drips will fall into sink for easy cleanup.