- 30 ounce package of frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup scallions/green onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro (optional)
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 7 ounces ham, farmer's sausage or other breakfast meat, chopped into bite size pieces
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare an 11 x 14 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients together adding the hash browns last and place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Your baking time could take up to 70 minutes depending on the type of pan you use.
- Check the casserole initially at 45 minutes and continue cooking till cooked through.