So... Chrissy, would you please email email@example.com to leave a mailing address and we will get a Mennonite Girls Can Cook cookbook out in the mail for you.
This is such a quick and easy recipe to make, it is ready in minutes.
- 1 onion chopped
- 10 mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 3 cups of frozen green beans
- Italian dressing, or Sun-dried Tomato dressing
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Put about 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a saute pan.
- Add the chopped onion, mushrooms and garlic and cook until softened.
- Into the same pan add the frozen green beans, and steam fry by adding a couple of tablespoons of water until a bright green and cooked through, stirring often. It helps to put the lid on for quicker cooking but you need to stir for even cooking. If the pan is getting dry add 1 or 2 tablespoons more water to help steam the beans.
- After the beans are cooked through and the water has completely evaporated add 2 tablespoons or a little more dressing to taste and serve. It adds a punch of flavor to plain green beans and dresses up a meal.