Thick rich chili soup. It comes together quickly and freezes well.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1 796ml can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 398ml can kidney beans
- 1 398ml can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 284ml can tomato soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- If you like it spicy.....add some chili peppers or hot sauce to your liking.
- In a heavy pot heat oil and brown meat. Add chopped vegetables when meat in about 1/2 way cooked threw. Cook until vegetables just become translucent and meat is done.
- Add all other ingredients to pot. Stir well to combine and let heat over medium heat. Once really hot, turn down and simmer for at least 30 minutes.