This is a fun dessert to make for Valentine’s Day.
Chocolate Hazelnut Fondue
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-1/2 pounds bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped. (I used 2 bags of semisweet chocolate chips that I didn’t need to chop)
- 1/4 cup Frangelico liqueur (If you do not want to use this you can substitute 1/4 cup of strong brewed coffee)
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts (as always you can omit the nuts if you'd prefer)
- Place the half and half and heavy cream in a double boiler.
- Heat the creams until they bubble.
- Reduce the heat and gradually stir in the chocolate chips 1/2 cup at a time whisking while adding. When the chocolate is completely blended in, add the liqueur.
- Keep warm and sprinkle with hazelnuts just before serving.
- You can divide the chocolate into individual dipping bowls and serve with dipping fruit and other items or you can put the chocolate into a fondue pot at this time, too, to keep it warm.
Some dipping suggestions: cookies, biscotti, cubes of cake, dried apricots, pineapple, fresh berries, sliced pears, orange slices, and marshmallows.
This recipe easily served 8 people with leftovers. If you are serving a smaller group half the recipe.