Devilled eggs are a wonderful addition to a buffet table, appetizer selection,
or served along with salads, cold cuts, buns and cheese.
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white or black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives or green onions
- Hard boil eggs and peel.
- When completely cooled, cut each egg in half.
- Scoop yolk of eggs into a small bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mash together well with a fork.
- Fill a pastry bag with filling and pipe into hollowed out egg white shells. Or, using a small spoon place little mounds into each shell.
- To add a nice touch, sprinkle with paprika, very finely chopped parsley, or more finely chopped chives or green onions. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best served the day it is made. If you want to make them the day ahead, get everything ready, seal shells and yolk mixture in separate containers and fill the next day.