This is a great recipe when you have extra bananas in the freezer and want something differant than muffins or loaves. I got this recipe from a community church cookbook and the page were this recipe is on, is seasoned well with splatters and spills. Serve it up with some cinnamon whip cream and you have a simple tasty dessert ready for friends or family. It freezes well, I cut my cake into pieces and freeze it and then just take out as much as we need. (Usually it doesn't make it into the freezer.)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 bananas mashed
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup sour milk (in bottom of cup add 1 tbsp. vinegar then top with milk)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix first 5 ingredients then add the sour milk.
- Add mixture to dry ingredients.
- Place 1/2 the batter in a 9x13 pan and sprinkle with 1/2 of the topping.
- Repeat the layers and bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. Or until tooth pick comes out clean in center.
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- In a cold bowl chilled in refridgerator with the beaters, Beat the cream mixed with desired amount of icing sugar and cinnamon until stiff peaks form.