Tell them it's Greek night!
Marinated chicken pieces and potato wedges are ready to
pop into the oven half an hour before you are ready to serve dinner.
Serve with pita, Tzatziki dip and oven roasted asparagus topped
with feta and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2/3 cups olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6-8 white potatoes, cut into wedges
- Cut meat into cubes and potatoes into wedges.
- Combine remaining ingredients into a large seal able non-metal container.
- Thread meat onto skewers and place in container with marinade along with the potato wedges.
- Refrigerate to marinate for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, place potatoes in a shallow roasting pan, and lay skewers side by side right on top of potatoes. Pour all remaining marinade over top.
- Bake at 325º for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Note: Several people have tried this and found the potatoes are taking much longer to bake through. I used new white potatoes and had them in a single layer under the chicken. You may want to roast your potatoes 10-15 minutes first and then put the chicken on top for the 30-35 minutes. You don't want to dry out the chicken....but you also want your potatoes done to perfection! Good luck!!