I've had this recipe for so many years, I can't remember where it came from.
If you have a bag of homemade or purchased meatballs in the freezer, you can have a tasty supper on the table inside half an hour.
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 30 precooked meatballs, freshly made or frozen
- 1 - 1 pound bag of carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cups of zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch slices and then halved or quartered
- 2 envelopes or 2 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon. dried basil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet or electric frying pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrots and cook until crisp tender (5 to 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs to frying pan.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water, bouillon, basil and pepper.
- Stir well, cover and simmer for 5- 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, cover and let simmer until zucchini is crisp tender; at least another 5 minutes. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Mix flour with 1/3 cup cold water and add to simmering sauce. Stir until mixture thickens and comes to a simmer.
- Serve over rice.