This meal is done as quickly as it takes to cook the Spaghetti, faster than ordering take out and more economical healthier too! This makes enough sauce for a 375 gm package of regular or Whole Wheat Spaghetti.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 cups of deli ham or left over ham
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Saute julienne (thinly sliced into strips) peppers for a few minutes to soften them.
- Add the ham (also sliced into thin strips) and the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- *Pour sauce over Spaghetti and serve with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, if desired*.
*Don't add the sauce until you are ready to serve it, other wise it all soaks into the Spaghetti and can get dry.*