This is a great dish to make when you have left over chicken or turkey.
It's full of flavour and makes a great weeknight family supper meal.
Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped fine
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 cups water
- 4 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2-3 cups cut up chicken or turkey
- 1 375 gram package broad noodles
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Over medium heat melt butter, add onions, mushrooms and peppers and saute until tender.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and water in a jar. Shake well and stir into sauteed vegetables.
- Add bouillon and sherry and continue to stir over medium heat until mixture begins to slightly bubble and thicken. Add meat.
- Turn heat to low and stir in cream. Allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes. The sauce should now be a gravy consistency. If too thick add a little more cream or milk.
- Boil noodles as directed on package.
- Place noodles in a well greased casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over noodles and lightly stir.
- Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350º for 30-40 minutes.