- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 x 250 gram packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- For base, combine flour, sugar and coconut. With mixer on low, work in butter and add vanilla. Press firmly into bottom of 9" spring form pan.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, egg and salt and beat until smooth.
- Beat in lime juice and zest.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Cool on rack until room temperature.
- Remove from spring form pan and transfer to serving plate.
- Spread sour cream evenly over the surface.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve wedges of cheesecake with dollop of whipped cream and lime garnish.
- Serves 12.
*Can be made with regular limes as well.