- 12 - 16 medium mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter butter
- 1 small finely chopped shallot (or 4 Tbsp onion)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese with 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning OR
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- Remove stems from mushrooms with a gentle twist and pull. Arrange hollowed out mushrooms on baking sheet.
- Put butter, chopped stems, chopped shallot, bacon, salt and pepper in frying pan. Fry slowly until shallot (onion) is soft.
- Mix crumbs and half the cheese and add to onion mixture. Stuff caps, with a little mound on top. Sprinkle with extra cheese.
- Bake at 350F 10 - 15 min.