- 1 1/2 cups white corn flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 - 8 oz tin - crushed pineapple , drained
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (pecan , walnut) optional
- Sift together dry ingredients (except sugar) and set aside in bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar add oil and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture and carrots and pineapple and mix with wooden spoon until well blended and smooth.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes at 350'.
- Let cool and then ice with cream cheese icing -
Beat until smooth 1 - 8 oz- pkg of cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter and two cups icing sugar.