This is a meat, potatoes, vegetables and gravy (all in one dish) meal I often made when the kids had things going on after school and I was in the car a lot. It was handy to put everything in the oven and come home to everything done. Add a salad and everyone should be happy.
8 thin sliced pork chops
salt, pepper or lemon pepper
favorite seasoning salt
2 eggs, beaten
flour for dipping
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 peeled potatoes, halved
4 peeled carrots, halved
- Tenderize pork chops with meat hammer.
- Season lightly with salt, pepper and seasoning salt.
- Dip in flour and then beaten egg.
- Brown in a small amount of oil in heavy frying pan, both sides.
- Place browned chops in roaster. Add potatoes and some carrots.
- Cover with 1 can cream of mushroom soup, mixed with 1 can water. (mushroom soup and water can be added to pan drippings and heated first)
Bake at 350F for 1- 1 1/2 hours.
When cooked: If more gravy is desired, remove meat and vegetables to serving platter, place roaster on stove top , add water mixed with a Tbsp of flour ( shake up in small sealed container) and bring to boil, stirring. Stir in some sour cream if desired.
PS As you can see, I did not cook the pork chops with the potatoes and carrots when I did the photo. We had fresh buns. A good hot sandwich option.