1 cup white sugar
¼ cup molasses
¼ cup tapioca starch
½ cup potato starch
1 cup rice flour
1/3 cup white corn flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1. Cream together the butter, sugar, molasses, and egg.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together, making sure they are well blended together and add to the creamed mixture.
3. Put dough on dusted counter (with potato starch) and knead in extra flour until dough is just at the not too sticky stage.
4. Cover dough and refrigerate overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 325° (a hotter oven makes the cookies spread too much)
6. Pinching off small pieces of dough roll into a ball in the palms of your hand and then roll in sugar.
7. Place balls (don't flatten) on ungreased baking sheet about 2" apart and bake for about 13-15 minutes.
8. Remove pan from oven and place a large chocolate chip in center of cookie.
9. Cool slightly in pan before removing onto rack.