I have made it several times for family dinners, and larger pot luck affairs.
It is always a popular dish with people asking for the recipe.
Here it is ....
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of apple cider (more if you like lots of sauce for your rice)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 cup whipping cream (if you increased the apple cider, increase the whipping cream too)
1. Season pounded chicken breasts with salt and pepper and thyme
2. Sear chicken in frying pan (locks in juices) with the chopped onion
3. Place chicken and onions in baking dish and pour apple cider over top.
4. Bake in 350' oven for about 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is very tender.
5. Pour juices into a pot on stove top and thicken with cornstarch ( approx. 2 tbsp - or more depending on amout of liquid)
6. Add 1 cup cream , (or adjusted amount) and stir until smooth
7. Add 1 tbsp parsley
8. Pour back over the chicken and keep warm in oven until serving time.9. Serve over rice.