- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 small can crushed pineapple (14 oz. or 398 ml) ...juice included
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cream butter and sugar...beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in pineapple...then add dry ingredients and beat until blended.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full...and bake at 350ºF for about 20 minutes.
These cupcakes are great with cream cheese frosting:
- 1/2 cup (125 gr) softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a medium sized bowl, beat softened cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until creamy.
- Add icing sugar 1/2 cup at a time and beat after each addition, scraping the sides of the bowl when necessary. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- With mixer on low, add vanilla and milk. Add a little more or less milk...as needed to obtain proper spreading consistency.
They are perfect for afternoon tea out on the front porch...or an easy treat to pack for a picnic.