Crust (use half for the tart)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- Put both the egg yolks in a 1 cup measuring cup . . give them a quick stir with a fork and then add enough milk to make 2/3 cup.
- In a food processor or large bowl, combine the flour and the salt.
- Add the cubed cold butter and pulse until large crumbs form or cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- Add the milk and egg mixture until combined.
- Use half the crust dough to roll out and line a 10 inch removable bottom tart pan.
- Wrap the remainder of the crust dough well in plastic wrap and seal in a heavy freezer bag and freeze for future use. . .unless you double the filling and topping recipe and bake it on a cookie sheet.
- 3 cups of thinly sliced rhubarb
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup minute tapioca
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine the rhubarb, sugar and tapioca and arrange evenly over the crust.
- Cover lightly with some foil.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until the tapioca is nearly clear.
- While the filling is baking stir together the topping ingredients.
- Pour over the baked rhubarb filling and bake an additional 15 minutes or until set.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- If there are leftovers. . cover with a bit of plastic wrap and refrigerate.