This recipe came to me compliments of my friend, Lenora. It's actually more of a cobbler than a crisp...and most colourful with the peaches and berries. I used blackberries and raspberries together with peaches...since that is what is in the freezer. I've had it with a combination of peaches, cranberries and blueberries...and it was equally good.
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in beaten egg and mix well.
- Set aside.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 0z.) frozen sliced peaches (or use sliced canned peaches)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch. Add water. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils. Remove from heat and stir in almond extract.
- In ungreased 1 1/2 quart baking dish, combine peaches and berries.
- Stir in hot sauce.
- Sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm...with whipped cream or ice-cream if desired.
- Serves 9.