I combined a few different recipes from my favorites to make this no bake cheesecake for our Christmas Dinner Dessert. It had a nice smooth texture that sliced beautifully and wasn't heavy tasting.
- 3/4 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons cup sugar
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup finely ground almonds
- Mix together the vanilla wafer crumbs, sugar, butter and almonds until crumbs form. Press into a 9 inch spring form pan and bake in a 350 F oven for 15 minutes. Cool.
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 2 packages of light Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and set aside.
- Dissolve the gelatin in hot water and set aside.
- In a small saucepan bring the 1/3 cup water and the 1 cup sugar to a boil over high heat for 8 - 10 minutes or until a thread forms when dropped from a teaspoon. Do not allow the syrup to begin to brown.
- In a large free standing mixing bowl begin to beat the egg whites and slowly add the sugar syrup and beat on high speed until the meringue is thick and cooled .. .about 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese for a minute until smooth.
- Add the softened gelatin mixture.
- Add the sour cream and combine until smooth.
- Add the cooled meringue, strirring until no white streaks remain.
- Add the whipped cream and the vanilla.
- Pour into the cooled crust and refrigerate until set . ..about 4 hours or overnight.