2-4 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tin sliced mushrooms, drained
1 tin cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup Cheez Whiz
1/3 cup chopped almonds
5 cups broccoli, bite size pieces
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup almonds
- Place broccoli in boiling water and cook or steam for a few minutes, until just partly done. Drain and set aside.
- In large frying pan, saute onion, garlic and mushrooms in butter until soft.
- Stir in the soup, cheese and almonds and then the broccoli.
- Spoon into greased 5 cup casserole dish and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes, uncovered.