- 4 cups zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (2 0z.) pimiento, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place zucchini and onion slices in an 8" square dish...or a quiche pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap, turning one edge back to vent.
- Microwave at High for 7 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix together eggs, cheese, pimiento, salt and pepper.
- Add zucchini and onions, stirring well.
- Grease dish in which veggies were cooked.
- Pour zucchini mixture into dish...cover with parchment paper and microwave at medium-high for 5 minutes.
- Stir...and microwave uncovered for another 3-4 minutes at medium-high...or until set.
- Makes 4 large servings.
*I actually used the pimento called for in the recipe this time...but have used diced red, orange or yellow bell peppers instead...blanching them with the zucchini and onions. A dash of cayenne pepper adds a little zip as well.