In the carefree summertime it's good to have a few no pressure, no fussing meals to fall back on.
This simple meal takes less then 20 minutes to prepare and can be served up with a simple green salad and some bread. Here's my carefree pasta meal.
- 12 ounce package pasta of your choice
- 24 ounce jar of Alfredo or other sauce of your choice
- 1-2 cups ground turkey or chicken, cooked fully
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions/scallions
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook 12 ounces of pasta of your choice in salted water to al dente and drain.
- Leave in pot.
- Add a jar of Spaghetti Sauce or your favorite sauce to the noodles.
- Add the cooked ground chicken or turkey.
- Add fresh chopped tomatoes and chopped green onion.
- Add fresh sliced mushrooms.
- Cook all ingredients together until sufficiently heated through.
- Season to taste and serve with garlic bread.