- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Mix butter, icing sugar and egg well in mixer.
- Add milk and vanilla, then combined dry ingredients.
- Chill in sealed container for one hour. (will keep overnight, but you may need to let it sit at room temp for a little bit after taking it out of the fridge.)
- Divide dough into two parts for easier rolling.
6. Cut shapes with cookie cutters such as hearts, dinosaurs, Christmas trees, turkeys or whatever the occasion.
8. Bake at 375F for about 8 min. or until edges just begin to look done. Do not over-bake.
Mix 2-3 cups icing sugar with 2 Tbsp. soft butter and enough milk to make a medium thick icing. Color with food color drops. Use icing tube with plain tip, pressing gently to “outline” cookies.