- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix butter, icing sugar and egg well in mixer.
- Add milk and vanilla, then combined dry ingredients.
- Chill in sealed container for one hour. (will keep overnight, but you may need to let it sit at room temp for a little bit after taking it out of the fridge.)
- Divide dough into two parts for easier rolling.
6. Cut shapes with cookie cutters such as hearts, dinosaurs, Christmas trees, turkeys or whatever the occasion.
8. Bake at 375° F for about 8 minutes or until edges just begin to look done. Do not over-bake.
Mix 2-3 cups icing sugar with 2 tablespoons soft butter and enough milk to make a medium thick icing. Color with food color drops. Use icing tube with plain tip, pressing gently to “outline” cookies.