My fruit soup is very similar to Charlotte's Obst Mooss but I probably cook it longer, until the fruit is quite soft, so I guess it's according to taste and what you are used to. Oh, and I might add that I chop up the fruit before cooking, because it really expands while cooking. Cream of Wheat Pudding is a good source of calcium and iron and tastes good warm or cold. We love to scoop it into our fruit soup for dessert.
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cream of wheat
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar (again)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bring milk to a boil. Add cream of wheat and 2 tablespoons sugar
- Stir and cook until thick, about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in separate bowl mix eggs, 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla well, then stir into cooked pudding in the last minute of cooking.
- Pour into serving dish and allow to cool, to thicken. You can serve this warm or cold, simply scoop into the soup.