Every Cookbook should have a Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. I was whipping these up this afternoon for our coffee break and took a few pictures.
I found this recipe in a church cookbook and it was contributed by Vange. Our family has been hooked on these cookies since 1992. We love them. . . so simple always soft and chewy. The different addition is the syrup.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons syrup (golden cane syrup or pancake syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cream the butter, add the sugars and then the egg, vanilla and then the dry ingredients.
- Use an ice cream scoop that has a scraper in it to make balls of dough. No need to flatten, the butter helps with that.
- Bake about 7-9 minutes depending on the size of the cookie.