- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups oat bran
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries or dates
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Grease muffin tins
- Add buttermilk to oat bran and let stand.
- Beat oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla together.
- Add buttermilk mixture to liquids and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in blueberries gently.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffins tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes until they pass the toothpick test.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar.
- Let sit for a few minutes.