This syrup is a great gift idea as well!
- 4 cups of chokecherry juice
- 3 cups sugar
- Place whatever amount of chokecherries you have in a pot, cover just barely with water, bring to boil and simmer till the berries are soft.
- Mash berries, potato masher works well.
- Strain berries pressing them down to get some pulp with the juice.
- Whatever amount of juice you end up with, adjust sugar accordingly, 1 cup less sugar then juice is the ratio.
- Bring strained juice to boil, add sugar, bring back to boil and boil for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour into sterilized jars or into pretty decorative bottles. Keep refrigerated.
- Yields: 4 1/2 cups syrup