(the goal is approximately 7 cups raw fruit blended before adding sugar, equalling 8 cups cooked, for one batch. I recommend doubling the amounts and cooking two batches)
- 9 ripe peaches
- 3 seedless oranges
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp Certo Light or 1 pkg regular pectin
- Wash jars and lids. Place clean jars in 225 F oven to keep hot. Place lids in small pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil and turn off element, covering pot to keep lids hot.
- Peal peaches, quartering them to remove pit. Blend for a few seconds until barely smooth. Can have a few tiny chunks. Pour into large bowl. Stir in lemon juice.
- Peel oranges with potato peeler. Remove pith (white part) and discard. In blender, blend orange segments with the peeled off orange rind until thick and smooth, for about 1 minute.
- Combine blended oranges and peaches. Measure out 7 cups (or at least 6) to pour into large stainless steel pot.
- Measure 1/4 cup of the sugar, blend with pectin and stir into fruit. Stirring constantly with wooden spoon, bring to boil on high heat. (almost the highest)
- Add 4 1/4 cups sugar all at once and continue stirring until it comes to a full boil once more.
- The whole top layer should be bubbling before setting the timer. Boil for three minutes, while stirring and making sure it cooks hard the whole time. If it splatters quite a bit, turn down the heat just a tad.
- Using a canning funnel, ladle hot jam into jars and cover with lids to seal. Repeat process if cooking more batches.
- Cool sealed jars at room temp before storing. Jam thickens as it cools.