I brought this pie to our friend's cabin on the weekend.
It's light and fluffy and, oh so full of blueberry goodness.
I made it using fresh local blueberries but I'm sure it would be good using frozen blueberries as well.
For the blueberry topping:
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup cold water, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar or more if you like it sweeter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
For the crust:
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
For the Cream Filling:
- 1/1/4 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Make the blueberry topping first, then the crust and lastly the cream filling.
- Mix blueberries, 1/2 cup cold water, sugar and lemon juice in a pot over medium heat.
- Cook until mixture boils.
- Mix together the cornstarch, remaining 1/4 cup water and lemon juice in a small bowl until blended.
- Add slowly to blueberry mixture, stirring until mixture boils and is no longer cloudy.
- Set aside and cool completely.
- For the crust, Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Press crumbs on bottom and up sides of a 10 inch pie plate.
- Refrigerate until filling is made.
- For the filling, whip cream until stiff.
- In another bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth
- Add sour cream and beat again.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream until incorporated.
- Pile filling into graham crust and smooth top.
- When the blueberry topping is cold, carefully spoon evenly over filling.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.