I used individual ramekins to bake these upside down cakes in.
Every one gets a perfect amount of peaches and the crust on the bottom remains a bit crispy. It is the perfect warm summer night dessert.
When they came out of the oven. . I flipped them over a dessert dishes and the serving was done.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups peeled, and chopped peaches
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Spray 6 - 8 ounce ramekins with cooking spray and set on a cookie sheet
- In a small saucepan, combine the 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup butter and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer several minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Using a gravy ladle, divide the sugar butter mixture between the ramekins, divide the chopped peaches between them and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar until creamed and then add the eggs and the vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients at one time and pour the buttermilk over all and beat until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly over the peaches.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean ..about 35 minutes.
- Use two thinner potholders, turn serving dishes over the hot ramekins and flip them over together to release the upside down cakes.
- Serve warm with ice cream.