This delicious crumb cake is the easiest and quickest you will ever make, with the base and crumb topping made of the same mix.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg beaten with fork in meas. cup, then filled to 1 cup with buttermilk
- 2 cups blueberries
- Mix butter into flour and sugar with pastry blender until well blended and crumbly.
- Set 1 1/4 cups aside for topping.
- To the first, bigger part of the mix, add baking powder and soda, then stir in combined egg and buttermilk
- Spread into greased or parchment paper lined 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with 2 cups blueberries and reserved crumb mixture. Squeeze to make crumb clusters as you drop them by handfuls.
- Bake in upper part of oven (important) at 375F for 35 - 45 min. Cool or serve warm with ice cream.