I often pick up a bag of Kale Salad when I am at the big box store. Not only is bagged salad convenient, it is also versatile when I mix and match the salad and the dressing that comes with it in various ways.
The greens in this bagged salad can be stretched by adding in Romaine lettuce or spinach.
Since oranges are so delicious right now, we had this Kale salad for yesterday's lunch with this simple Citrus Dressing and flavourful baked shrimp to make it a meal. The dressing that came in the bag will be used in a Strawberry Spinach Salad later this week.
Citrus Dressing (double for a full large bag of Kale Salad)
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- the juice of one orange
- the juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey (or to taste)
- red onion slices (to taste)
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sliced
- Empty half of a 28-ounce bag of prepared Kale Salad into a large bowl or a Ziploc bag.
- Combine olive oil, orange, and lemon juice, and honey in a small jar.
- Shake well and pour over the greens. Toss to coat. At this point, the salad can be refrigerated for a few hours until serving time.
- Arrange on a platter and add the red onion and sliced oranges for garnish. Serve as it is or with Roasted Shrimp.
- 1 pound frozen 17-21 count shrimp, with tails on
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Combine ingredients in a Ziploc bag and thaw at room temperature until shrimp are just slightly icy or thaw in refrigerator for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Drain and discard the marinade and arrange the shrimp, in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast for about 10 minutes until shrimp are light pink and opaque. Serve warm.